Haller & Imbarlina, P.C.
Speak with one of our attorneys today.

Protect yourself and children from an estranged spouse

Sometimes, relationships that were once sunshine and clear skies can become dark, murky and otherwise unhappy. If the relationship is not only failing, but you fear for the safety of yourself or your children due to threatening actions by your spouse or your child’s parent, you may need to seek help. But where to turn for protection? A person can seek a temporary order for protection from abuse, or PFA, if they fear for their safety.

These are issued differently depending on the state, but in Pennsylvania, a judge can order a PFA, or a police officer can issue a temporary one after being called to an incident of domestic assault. When issued by a judge, it does not require the presence or input from the accused person in which the PFA is being issued against. This is meant to better expedite the process for the person who fears for their own or their child’s safety. If going through a divorce, it’s possible that a PFA can be extended to protect the prison during the divorce proceedings.

Since divorce proceedings are not always quick, the possible PFA extension can really help to protect families. At Haller & Imbarlina PC, we take domestic violence very seriously. We want to do anything in our power to protect victims of domestic violence.

There is no shame in seeking help when it comes to the safety of yourself and your family. Taking steps to protect oneself is a natural human right, as well as within the rights of the law. Domestic violence should not have to be endured by anyone, whether it be spouse or child. Divorce can help with this issue, but sometimes one needs to take more drastic measures.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help You

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Haller & Imbarlina, P.C.
20120 Route 19, Suite 208
Gigliotti Plaza
Cranberry Township, PA 16066

Phone: 724-935-0820
Fax: 724-779-6299
Map & Directions

Haller & Imbarlina, P.C.